Last time (on my Instagram) I gave you guys my all natural detox to shed inches in 45 minutes using Aloe Vera Juice and Epsom salt. Now, while this method is effective for most people, it can only be done 1-2 times a month. It also isn't very convenient (comfortable or even safe) for some people to sit in a hot tub for 45 minutes so I wanted to give you another INSTANT detoxifier that you can do EVERY DAY and see amazing results.
So what is oil pulling?
Oil pulling is the act of "pulling" the toxins from your body by swishing around a natural oil that the toxins can lock onto, and then spitting them out.
The benefits of oil pulling for the mouth include:
- Strengthening of teeth
- Extremely whiter teeth
- Prevention of gum disease such as gingivitis and cavities
- Prevention of bad breath (and morning breath! It's awesome! It almost totally banishes it completely!)
- Prevention of dry mouth and moisturizes lips
- Helps relieve tension and soreness in the jar and mouth
And since the whole point of this process is to use it as a detoxifier, the benefits beyond the mouth are what really drew me to this method. Some of them include:
- Migraine relief
- Help with hormonal imbalance
- Prevention of arthritis flare ups
- Reduction of eczema (which is a plus for me because I have developed it in small areas over the last year)
- Reduction of bronchitis symptoms
- Regulation of normal kidney functions
- Reduction of insomnia (also a great plus for me)
- Help with allergies (maybe my number 2 reason for doing it daily because my allergies have gotten intense in recent years)
So if these benefits are not enough for you.. maybe telling how you can achieve all these things in just 20 minutes will win you over... The process is simple.
All you will need is a jar of Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Unrefined Coconut Oil (yes, that same EVCO that you use for your hair). 1 tsp will do the trick.
Next all you do is swish!
That's right. Swish til your heart's desire. The goal is to pull the coconut oil back and forth through your teeth and back and forth against your gums and cheeks so that it can pick up and pull all the toxins from your mouth (and basically your body in general). You will need to swish for 15 to 20 minutes to see maximum results.
Like I said, this detox is amazing because you can do this every single day!
The very first time I did it I felt results and amazing right away.
Now I know, 20 minutes may seem like a long time to be swishing around and ever growing thick substance in your mouth (just the texture alone got to me initially)... but it's just 20 minutes of your entire day!
Give it a try!
The best time of day to oil pull first thing in the morning. Also, if 20 minutes is still too much for you initially, try to start with 10 minutes in the morning, and 10 minutes at night. Then work your way up!